How to Pick a Tubular Lock (Basics)
- Published: 05 August 2017
- I show how tubular pin tumbler locks work and how they can be opened using tubular lock picks and single pin picking. A tubular pin tumbler lock, also known as an ace lock, circle pin tumbler lock, or radial lock, is a variety of pin tumbler lock in which six to eight pins are arranged in a circular pattern, and the corresponding key is tubular or cylindrical in shape.
What I used:
- Tubular Lock with 3pcs Huk Tools: banggood.com/custlink/mvG3tIHNZE
Lock Picking Tools: (USA)
- Lockpick Gun: amzn.to/31e63pH
- Electronic Lockpick Gun: amzn.to/2EYHP99
- Clear Lock: amzn.to/31gCaF8
- Tubular Practice Lock: amzn.to/2LSEYAP
- Practice Lock Set: amzn.to/2Ljh82Y
- Lockpick set 1: amzn.to/2IoP5My
- Lockpick set 2: amzn.to/2WpyYDo
Lockpick Tools: (Canada)
- Lockpick Kit: amzn.to/2Wn8EKi
- Clear Lock and Lockpicks: amzn.to/2EUFdcj
- Tubular Lock: amzn.to/2FcIbKk
- Practice Tubular Lock: amzn.to/2SEMbat
If you enjoy the channel, please support Von Malegowski:
Tubular locks are commonly seen on bicycle locks, computer locks, elevators, and a variety of coin-operated devices such as vending machines. Tubular pin tumbler locks are generally considered by the general public to be safer and more resistant to picking than standard locks. This is primarily because they are often seen on coin boxes for vending machines and coin-operated machines. However, the primary reason the locks are used in these applications is their lack of the depth requirement that most other locks require.
Connect With Me:
- Twitter: twitter.com/VonMalegowski
- Instagram: instagram.com/vonmalegowski/
- Facebook: facebook.com/VonMalegowski2
This is an updated version of an older video with better audio, mistakes fixed and more information added.
The Original Video: securitysafespot.info/video/YyPiYC1QsjY/video.html
More Lockpicking Videos:
🔓How to Pick a Lock (Basics) 🔓: securitysafespot.info/video/mO3mMYwKkKs/video.html
How to make a Lock Pick: securitysafespot.info/video/SQKwoGbV3F4/video.html
🔫How to Open Locks with a Lockpick Gun🔫: securitysafespot.info/video/mWErjXO3SYg/video.html
How to Make a Simple Lock Shim: securitysafespot.info/video/GBOvt2VH5B0/video.html
💼How to Open Locked Suitcases/Baggage without a Key💼: securitysafespot.info/video/LJvFqEuK8RI/video.html
Lock Picking a Master Lock No.3 and No.21: securitysafespot.info/video/i6W9c8AxEtQ/video.html
Such locks can be picked by a special tubular lock pick with a minimum of effort in very little time; it is also possible to defeat them by drilling with a hole-saw drill bit. Standard tubular-lock drill bit diameters are 0.375 in (9.5 mm) and 0.394 in (10.0 mm). To prevent drilling, many tubular locks have a middle pin made from hardened steel or contain a ball bearing in the middle pin.
While the process is simple and can be mastered with practice, lockpicking requires a great deal of patience. It can be a hobby as well as a practical skill. Locksmiths define lock-picking as the manipulation of a lock's components to open a lock without a key. To understand lock picking you first have to know how locks and keys work. Most locks are based on fairly similar concepts but they do come in all shapes and sizes, with many design variations. This is for educational purposes only.
Lockpicking is the art of unlocking a lock by analyzing and manipulating the components of the lock device without the original key. In addition, ideal lock picking should not damage the lock itself, allowing it to be rekeyed for later use, which is especially important with antique locks that would be impossible to replace if destructive entry methods were used. Although lock picking can be associated with criminal intent, it is an essential skill for a locksmith and is often pursued by law-abiding citizens as a useful skill to learn or simply a hobby. The move towards combination locks for high-security items such as safes was intended to remove the weakest part of the lock: its keyhole.
The diagrams and information on tubular locks: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tubular_pin_tumbler_lock
Von Malegowski Equipment List: goo.gl/x5VtWv
Music: YouTube Audio Library
Tracks: Double_Agent, Lock_and_Key, Festival
Artists: Everet Almond; Silent Partner; Topher Mohr and Alex Elena
Intro Music: YouTube Audio Library
Artists: Vibe Tracks
©Von Malegowski. All Rights Reserved.
- Hobbies and Style